Because yesterday’s fundraiser for Bobby Schilling with John Boehner barred the press, the Dispatch/Argus decided it was time to teach Schilling a lesson he so richly deserved by writing an article that had absolutely no useful information for voters but was instead a Bobby Bash-A Thon.
According to the article, Schilling/Boehner had no control over this and didn’t do this out of spite, but rather:
“Local police said they were acting at the behest of U.S. Capitol Police officers who travel with Rep. Boehner”.
Considering how President Lightworker has worked overtime for the last four years demonizing and denigrating Boehner, and considering the virulence of the loony left, the Speaker likely gets more death threats than Obama.
But on to the meat of the Bash-O-Thon:
1. The DCCC was quoted—or “pounced” as it was described in the D/A, as claiming Schilling was hiding from press scrutiny. How absurd—but evidently not absurd enough to be excluded from this enlightening “report”.
2. Mention is made of a Schilling fundraiser with Boehner in ’12 that was open to the press. I assume this was mentioned, not just out of press peevishness, but to somehow justify their blowing it out of proportion. Or something.
3. Comparison is made to Cheri Bustos who last year had intended to hold economic forums closed to the press, but then relented after a story appeared in the D/A criticizing her decision. See what a good girl she is and what a bad boy Bobby is? Sheesh!
4. Then, out of the blue, the “report” drags in the controversy about raising the minimum wage and the protest the Dems organized against Schilling/Boehner for their lack of support for this job and business killer..
5. Space is given to union shill and professional agitator Dino Leone to parrot his inane and trite talking points, that Schilling and Boehner are “out of touch” with ordinary Americans, and this classic: “Obviously, they are more concerned about the rich”. No facts were checked or skepticism exhibited in this “report” for this silliness. I’m surprised the D/A didn’t drag in a bunch of other Democrat special interests: nothing from Planned Parenthood? Jesse Jackson? Trial lawyers? Academics? La Raza? PBS/NPR?
The fact that the D/A is making a big deal out of the “no press” is beyond petty. Aside from security concerns for Boehner, President Lightworker has attended 400+ fundraisers and I don’t believe the press has ever been invited. But this fact doesn’t matter to the D/A.
I understand these are the dog days of August when real news is sketchy at best, but to publish something this ridiculously punitive is pathetic.