Tweetin’ The Woz:
Please be my guest at my meet and greet with Rich Morthland at the Morrison Happy Joe’s on March 17 eepurl.com/PJVjb
I won’t be attending but I did learn two things from this tweet:
1. Rich Morthland, who I believed had retired from party politics, is back from the grave and ready to party—and campaign.
2. Mark Archibald is The Woz’s campaign manager. Archie is a reader/commenter from way back and a favorite—Go Archie!
Sen. Matt Murphy:
“It would hurt the middle class suburban families, there’s no question about it.” Read full article on graduated income tax: www.dailyherald.com/article/20140304/news/140309420
OK, I’m not an economist, but some things are obvious about this push by the Democrats and their Big Labor allies for a progressive tax:
1. Since all benefit from government services, all should pay at least something, otherwise, with all the carve outs, the Illinois tax will end up like the federal tax where 47% pay none at all.
2. Taxing “the rich” more and expecting to get more, is a joke. Rich people know how to avoid taxes, so this “progressive tax” will end up being pushed down to the middle class as Sen. Murphy suggested.
3. Completely detached from reality, the Democrats and the union allies evidently truly believe they can tax their way out of the massive hole they have dug. Good luck with that!